Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life is Beautiful

Life is beautiful. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a calling in this church that involves me going to "special needs mutual". Basically every Thursday night I go and work with a group of awesome kids who have special needs. Some weeks it's tough. I get tired and frustrated, but then I have a night like tonight and it's worth it. Tonight we had a talent show. Each youth prepared a small talent to share with the group. I have never been so touched. Hearing a young man sing clearly "I am a Child of God" when you've never heard one word come out of his mouth, or learning of a girl who put a 1000 piece puzzle together in a few hours, upside down, or watching an elderly couple struggle to take care of their son who has special needs, or watching your best friend with cerebral palsy run a race. Life is beautiful. There are so many things I take for granted. I am healthy and alert and have so many talents. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful family a home, food, clothing. I'm getting a great education. Who am I to complain?
Life is beautiful.

I am a Child of God and he has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents, kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with him someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment