Guys. I have a job that I actually like... what is this???
For those of you who don't know, last summer I spent my time making smoothies at Jamba Juice. It was an "okay" job, but I actually kind of hated it. I really liked the people I worked with, it was upbeat, good, hard work. I didn't really like the manager though, and when I finally quit in October we didn't leave on the best of terms. I did NOT want to go back to Jamba this summer.
As I began the application process in April, I applied for Thanksgiving Point Gardens in Lehi. My dad has worked as the Gardens Director for YEARS and almost all my siblings have spent a summer there. I got the job, but when it came down to it, things didn't feel right. I was not comfortable driving on the freeway quite yet, I would have to leave RIGHT after school if I wanted to make it to a shift, and honestly, I just wasn't ready for the commitment.
I spent Spring Break applying everywhere else in Orem, Utah. I NEEDED a job. I got some calls to interview at several places. My top two were Coldstone and Farr's Fresh Ice Cream. I got the job both places, but decided to take the one at Farr's ((because I thought it would be easier;) )) I also had a job at a small business called atly. Things were looking great.
BUT
Then I started working. Having too jobs got really stressful, especially while I was still in school. Once school got out, things with atly fell through so I was stuck with Farr's. Farr's is a really hard place for me to work. I love the people I work with, but I only work with people if I work the night shift...which is only like once a week. I would go into detail, but all you need to know is that I don't really like it.
Plus, I wasn't getting enough hours which is no bueno because I kind of have to pay for school. Whatever.
After searching, I found out that Thanksgiving Point was hiring again! Thanks to my connections ((no but really. THANKS)) I was able to get my job back.
SO a couple weeks ago, I started working at Thanksgiving Point. And let me tell you, it is AMAZING. I just sort of gave up on life and thought that I'd never get a job that I didn't hate. But all my horrible thoughts have been dispelled! I love the people I work with ((SHOUTOUT to my homegirls, Karen and Kellie :))) and I love the people who come in. This job is so relaxing compared to my others! It just has been a good few weeks. Unfortuantely I leave in a week and a half and have to enter the job search again...poop.
Hopefully I'll be back next season though!
Thank you Thanksgiving Point.
Whattup, shout out!! Never had one of those before :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so cool. We totally social media stalk each other during our shifts.
Whattup.