Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Face

This morning, I finished my last morning shift at Farr's Fresh. ((I still have one more night shift, but then I will be outta there!)) Those morning shifts were a blessing and a curse. They didn't start too early ((9:00)) and got done at 2, so I still could have productive day. They required a lot of cleaning, but that was fine because it made time go by quickly and cleaning feels like something I feel okay about being paid for.
 However, I was always all alone. And those of you who know me, know that I get scared really easily. Every morning I would walk into that scary, empty store, and my imagination would run wild! I was positive that I would find someone lurking in the corner, or dead in the bathroom. It sounds foolish, but I was terrified. And sometimes I couldn't even move because I would hear a noise and get worried. My dad gave me a blessing, but I was still a little unsure. I knew if anything happened, I would be fine, but I was still very afraid of something happening.
But, as I finished my shift this morning, I just started feeling so proud of myself! Those morning shifts were HARD. Physically and emotionally. But I stuck with it and I made it! I am definitely a better and stronger person. I am really thankful that I had the experience and that I did it....I just would never like to experience it again. ;)
But then I got thinking of all the things I've accomplished in my life. I am an AMAZING person!! It just made me feel like I CAN do this. And everything will turn out okay.
And even though I woke up crying the past few days, it's okay. Being sad is normal and fine! But I can still be happy at the same time.
I leave in one week and I am so scared. I had to say goodbye to my best friend last week and that was heartbreaking. Now I'm getting ready to go and my life seems upside-down. But I am so excited and ready to go! Weird times...
In other news. Here is my new haircut. 10 inches, my friends. Eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Emily. You are so cute. I'm proud of you for surviving morning shifts, it would freak me out too. (:
    Good luck in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you're the cutest human being in the entire world

    ReplyDelete