Once we had everything at least in my room, we picked up Dad from the Auto Shop and got some lunch. ((IHOP, for those of you who are wondering, gives a 15% discount to USU students. SCORE)) After lunch, we went to Lowe's to pick up some tubes to see if we could raise my bed. An additional trip later, the tubes did not end up working, but some bed risers from Walmart did the trick and now my storage fits comfortably under my bed.
After a trip to Walmart, Mom, Dad, and I said our goodbye's and parted ways. I wanted to really keep it together - we'll save the emotional breakdowns for later.
At that point, I was super hot and sweaty ((My apartment doesn't have any AC. Fail.)) So I jumped in the shower and went to dinner with 2 of my roommates. We picked up a few other people on the way and all had a great time eating dinner. It was fun to get out and get a feel for the people I am going to be around, etc.
After dinner, my roommates went to a dance, but I opted to stay home and finish unpacking. Plus I wanted to wait for Sarah to come. We did a lot of unpacking and I think I pretty much have all of my things put away. It's an interesting feeling to go into a kitchen and force myself to use dishes that are apparently supposed to be mine and eat in a kitchen that also seems to have my name on it. I'm keep saying that I'm waiting for the 'vacation' to be over. It will be nice once I feel more comfortable in my own surroundings ((I still feel like I'm living in a hotel)) and I'm ready for real work to begin.
Sarah doesn't quite have her portion of the room set up yet, so here's what I have so far. We're still working on decorations and stuff so I'll post more pictures later.
It's all still a work in progress. But soon enough I will feel at home.
This morning I met with my counselor and ironed out a few kinks in my schedule. I'm feeling much better about it. Though my credit hours are probably a little more than I wanted, I think it will be good.
After that, I had a job interview with the Events Staff. I don't really want the job...but if I get it I might just have to take it. The search continues..
This afternoon Sarah and I took a trip to Walmart to pick up some things we forgot. We are still in DESPERATE need of a fan. No AC is basically killing us. I just keep telling myself that the heat will be gone in a few weeks anyway and I'll want it back...sigh.
Stay tuned for the next episode! Thanks for the prayers and support that got me here! Love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment