Okay, here comes the first of MANY embarrassing college stories. Ohh man! This is rough!
SO. Today was Sunday and of course, that meant church. I got SO lucky that all of my roommates are LDS and wanted to go to church too! When does that even happen?
We headed to church and members of the Stake Presidency spoke to us and things were all fine and great. Then we split off into wards and I have...you know...8 boys in my ward? Yeah...not getting married this year.
Then the bishop asks if there was anybody that had their entire room at church. My roommates and I, of course, raise our hands. So then a counselor comes over and asks us if we would lead Ward Prayer tonight. We agree and he explains what we need to do. He says, "So, someone will play piano, someone will lead music, someone will give a spiritual thought and someone will sing or something." Shoot. Of course, when singing comes up, everyone looks at me.
But gotcha! I brought NO music with me except a little tiny Hymn book and I don't know anyone who can play the piano or anything. So I spend the entire afternoon moping around my apartment wondering what in the world I am going to do.
Finally, I pick a song, and then I find a nice boy down the hall who said he would play it for me. Score.
We practice, life is great.
Ward prayer starts and the counselor comes up to us, SHOCKED that I'm singing. Hello??? Did you not just tell us we needed to do that? Whatever. I tried to get out of it, didn't work. So the situation is already a little embarrassing.
Things go along fine until it's time for me to sing my song. I introduced it first, so it went like this, "So..I guess we weren't supposed to have a talent or something...but I prepared it and there's no going back now. I chose to sing "Where Can I Turn For Peace" because, you know things are getting really stressful and we're starting high school tomorrow and it's...." I pause here because everyone is snickering. Finally someone says, "Are we starting high school tomorrow?" I turn BRIGHT RED and exclaim, "OH MY GOSH THAT IS SO EMBARRASSING! Oh this is rough! I promise I'm out of high school, everyone! I moved on, I swear!" More laughter. More embarrassment. So I just sing my song and quickly leave.
Oh I can't even tell you how hilarious it even was! Only would that happen to me! Oh man.
So yes. I just told my entire ward that I'm nervous to start high school tomorrow. SHOOT.
It's a good thing I have no one to impress.
Bless your sweet little heart...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU and its totally normal to be nervous for high school ;)
That is hilarious. I have had so many embarrassing stories like that. hahaha
ReplyDeleteGood luck in high school, girl. (: