If I said I didn't have time to blog, I would be lying...time? Yes. Motivation? No.
These first two weeks have been AMAZING. After the first week of moving in, I started to get nervous. I'd been here for a week, I was halfway through my first week of school, and I realized that I wasn't going home. The vacation was officially over. I realized that my roommates weren't just some fun people I got to meet for a few days, but rather, they were to be my new sisters. I realized that school wasn't just a bunch of cool workshops, but it was actually real work. It kind of hit me all at once. I cried, called my mom, wanted to go home, and then went to bed. The next day was much better. :)
Two days later, I auditioned for the Institute choir, Latter-Day Voices. I got in, and everything school wise that I was worried about, fell into place. The Lord is so aware of my needs.
I went home for Labor Day weekend to re-coup, pick up a few things that I forgot, and settle in for the long haul. Going home was so good for me to realize that I actually do love it up here. I was ready to come to this new home of mine.
When I got home, I was surprised to find that the ADORABLE Olsen family had broken into my apartment on their way home from Idaho and decorated my room. It was pretty much the best feeling ever to see little bits of encouragement all over. Thanks you guys!! ((PS. The poster might just stay up all semester..))
This last week was so much better. The school work load is getting heavier day by day and I'm handling it okay for now. ((I might regret saying that when midterms roll around)) This school is literally the perfect fit for me though. I love everything about the environment, the people, the classes. It's amazing!
The choir has helped a TON too. It feels so good to be surrounded by so many good people. Plus we get to sing religious music all the time, so I feel like I'm just praising the Lord for 50 minutes everyday. It's already strengthened my testimony so much. I've made new friends, and am doing well in there.
This weekend, 2 of my roommates went home, so the rest of us made a delicious fruit and pancake breakfast. I LOVE my roommates. Even though only 3 of us are pictured, we all get along so well and have so much fun. Really, I couldn't have picked a funner group of girls. Get on our level.
After a delish breakfast, Sarah, our neighbor Ben, and I, all headed down to Brigham City for their Peach Days. Turns out..they don't actually sell peaches down there..what? So after getting some free popcorn from the "Brigham City Main Street Church" and talking to some really old ladies, we headed down the road a ways in search for a peach stand. We were not disappointed and found PLENTY. 2 bushels of peaches later, we headed home. We had so much fun!
Good picture for Ben, bad for Sarah and me..
Good picture for Sarah and Me, bad picture for Ben.
Life is good, folks! I'll try to keep you more updated...but life is pretty average right now!





No comments:
Post a Comment