Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Utah State

The last adventure of my week was heading up to Utah State for "SOAR".
I was supposed to head up on Thursday -- the day after I had returned from St. George. I was so overwhelmed on Wednesday night. My dad was supposed to take me, but things fell through and he wasn't able to. Luckily I have a very nice best friend who offered to take me. But I still didn't want to go. At all. Said best friend convinced me to go and Thursday morning at 5:45 we were off to Logan.

The was long and hard and crazy. I had been waiting for college for so long, but didn't understand how I could have gone from a care-free high school student to college bound overnight.
That day I had to take a math test, was shown around by overly excited student body officers, had a bunch of orientation, and finally met with my adviser and registered for classes. Boy was it a scary time.

Finally, the day ended. Though I was exhausted, I felt great peace. From the moment I walked onto campus to the moment I left, I knew everything was right and good. As we were driving up, I felt so much fear and doubt. I was second guessing my judgement left and right. I didn't want to be a grown up anymore. I wanted to runaway, never go to school, and start the first Mormon convent. But I thankfully got a reminder that what I was doing WAS right. I love this quote from Elder Holland.
Don't doubt yourself. I made the decision to go to Utah State months ago. And I prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it. And it is still right now. 
The church is true my friends. Don't you forget it! 

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. 
And if you read my blog but aren't an official follower, please follow me!

1 comment:

  1. SOAR is a long crazy day. I remember doing that. I was definitely second guessing myself by the end. But I LOVE USU. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete