My smiles often looked like this:
Or I gave up on closed mouth smiling and settled for goofy. That resulted in looking like this:
But then one day I thought, "Does that really show people who I am? When I look at that picture in 20 years, will I want to remember my insecurities or do I want to remember how I felt in that moment?" And thus my smiling began.
I've been really frustrated lately as I scroll through pictures on Facebook or Instagram and see girls ((and boys)) who constantly post model shots. ((I have to admit I am guilty of posting a few of those myself.)) But tell me, what is so wrong with a smile??? God gave us teeth. God gave us a spirit and truth and light. SHOW IT!! Stop flaunting your looks and flaunt your beauty.
I am completely okay with pictures of yourself, just make sure you're showcasing the right thing.
SO! As I jump off of my smiling soap box, I want to issue you a challenge.
1) Next time you post that "Selfie Sunday" show that social media that you know how to SMILE!!
2) Encourage others to show of their smiles. Next time you are in public, notice the people you are walking past. Make eye contact with the ones who look especially grumpy and flash them the biggest smile that you can!! ((I tried this yesterday. It's kind of amazing.))
Try these things and you might be amazed by the results. Seriously, it makes a huge difference.
Thanks for reading!! And thank you those who started following me! I think I gained a total of two followers ;)
Love you all!!



No comments:
Post a Comment