Monday, June 10, 2013

Saint Jorge

Sunday afternoon, a group of my girl friends and I headed down to St. George for a few days. These girls are so fun, so hilarious, and so kind. I've known all of them for all of high school, but was only good friends with a few of them. However, despite me randomly jumping into their friend group towards the end of the year, they welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like a part of their crowd.
The best part of the week was that there was no drama! I'm still not quite sure how we managed to do that with 16 girls in one condo...but it happened. That just proves to you how FANTASTIC these girls are!!

We went down on Sunday afternoon once we arrived, a few of us decided to swim. The pool was a little warm and was a little more green than blue. But our hot, travel worn bodies didn't mind. We even composed a little synchronized swimming routine!

Monday morning we woke up early to head to Zion's National Park for a day full of hiking. Unfortunately, our group of 16 girls didn't make it past the parking lot before getting separated. We spent some time looking for each other, but with little service and no direct meeting point, it was pretty much useless. ((side note: yes. I live in a technology age. Take our cell phones away and communication is nearly impossible. How did you people do it??)) Fortunately, we are all old enough and mature enough that we went hiking on our own and figured if anything we knew how to get home.
We ended up meeting each other at the end ((it was a miracle)) and snagged this beautiful picture. Aren't we a smart bunch?

That night we had some pizza and played games/chilled. We were hoping to swim, but the pool was closed. If you'll remember, Sunday night it was less than welcoming. They had put some chemicals in and it wasn't "swim ready". 
Tuesday we went to the St. George Temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. One of our friends, Lulu, is a foreign exchange student from China. Since she isn't a member of the church, some girls stayed with her and took her around the Visitor's Center. I was able to go do baptisms and I think the consensus is that it was a wonderful experience for all. ((Other side note: Having a glass shower in the locker room is not the wisest of ideas. It kind of defeats the point.))
After baptisms, we rushed home so we could go swimming. Unfortunately, the pool was STILL closed. I guess the chemicals could not reverse the putrid green color of the pool so they had to drain it. ((Thank heavens I'm still alive)) So instead we all took turns taking cold showers and playing games. 
Tuesday was also Eva's birthday! To celebrate, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I saw this super hot waiter...his name was Tucker....I got a picture of him..then a picture with him...and eventually left him my number. ((sometimes I'm just a little #desperate)) 
I was REALLY excited about it.

I have to admit, it was pretty fun though. Though this situation could have ended badly ((for example, stalking)) I figured "If not now, when? I am in the prime of my life!!" So I did. And it was fun. And I'll probably never do it again. YOLO.

Wednesday, we had to pack up and leave earlier than we expected. So we pawned of ridiculously large amounts of food on people, hopped into cars and left. I think it was one of the few vacations when I wasn't ready to leave. When I got home, reality hit me hard and I sobbed for a good hour. But that story will come in a different post. 

For now, thanks for reading my post and if you frequently read my blog but aren't yet a follower, please do so! Just a few clicks is all it takes. 
Thank you muchly!





1 comment: