Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Weekend

This week was SUPER hard. Fall break was last week and nothing could compare to the awesomeness of that...
Real life was just dumb and crazy and all that jazz. BUT this weekend made up for everything that was sad and awful about the week.
Friday night, someone in Latter-Day Voices invited the choir over to his house to have a fun night full of games and popcorn and ice cream. All week I was complaining that I didn't have any friends in the choir and that I was never invited to hang out with them. I didn't want to go at first, but I figured I definitely wasn't going to make friends by not going. So I went.
At first it was a little awkward. There were a lot of people there (and we all know how much I LOVE big groups) and I came late, so I didn't really know what was going on. But then there was ice cream, so that automatically made things better. Once it settled down, we got to playing some games with a smaller group of people and it was SO much fun. Pretty much we played every type of Twister known to man..except the normal kind. We played a few other group games and it was just so fun! They were the kind of games that force you to be yourself and get to know each other. I felt a lot better after that night.
This little beauty is called Swedish Twister...it's intense.
Saturday morning, my roommates and I went to the cutest little diner called Herm's Inn. We went for some breakfast to celebrate Sarah and Chelsey's birthdays. We were supposed to go to dinner before Fall Break, but our schedules were all super crazy so we did breakfast yesterday instead. It was DELICIOUS. I got a cinnamon swirl pancake that was literally bigger than my face. I ate about half of it and decided I was done, but then Hannah and I decided that we didn't want to take it home, so we totally dominated and finished it. It was disgusting. But so good. 


Saturday night was the famous Halloween party at USU called "The Howl". I'd heard a lot of things about it, good and bad, and I wasn't sure I really wanted to go. But Chelsey and Hannah really wanted to go and Daisha, being more wise and experienced than us, explained what to do and what not to do. Plus I had a sick costume and had to show it off.
Chelsey went as a raven and I did her hair and makeup. She has the most legit hair EVER. I barely ratted this chunk of hair and put one spray of hairspray in it, and it stood straight up! What the??

I had an owl costume from doing a photo shoot with Michelle a few years ago and couldn't wait to wear it! I don't have a great picture of my makeup, but it looked pretty legit. And I bought some owl feathers and attached them to my eyelashes so that was pretty sick.

Birds of a feather
Me, Hannah, and Chelsey before we headed out.
The actual party was actually pretty lame. I'd heard from a lot of people that it was kind of sketchy and from some people that it was super awesome...but it wasn't really either. I definitely saw some...disgusting costumes but that was about it. There was a dance, but we didn't stay for long, some airbrush tattoos, a fortune teller, a photo booth, and some bands. But the lines were so long for everything that it wasn't really worth it. So we went home pretty early. BUT it was super fun to dress up anyway.
ANYWAY. This week is going to be busy, but good. I definitely feel ready for it though.
Cheers to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment