This weekend had been SO GOOD. Fall break started Thursday afternoon, so after all my classes (I didn't get out until 4) and driving college students all over Orem, I finally made it home. Home is such a wonderful place. I'd be lying if I told you that it wasn't kind of strange to not be sleeping in my own bed (I have nieces and nephews staying over. And my bed is cooler.) or to come home to a completely torn apart kitchen (which is starting to actually come together). But the physical state of this location is not what makes this home. It's the people, the relationships, and the blood ties that I have here that make this place somewhere special.
ANYWAY
Thursday I came home and was completely wiped out from the day. So I just chilled with Mom and Dad and the small children and went to bed.
Friday morning I went to the high school. Of all my possible options, that was probably the worst. But I really wanted to see a few people and I had hoped to make amends with a teacher...yeah. That worked..NOT. But I did get to see a few people. It was so great to realize that: 1) I had completely moved on and had no desire to stay in that school, and 2) That even though college people are still dumb and immature, they sure are better than high schoolers!
After the school, I went and toured Taylor Andrews Hair School. It was something I've been wanting to do for a long time so I'm really glad that I finally did it. I'm still toying with lots of different ideas for my future, but it was good to do some more research. The school was really nice. It's set up just like a salon so it's classy and high quality. It seemed like a great environment so if I do go to beauty school, it would definitely be at the top of my list. PLUS they gave me salon shampoo and conditioner as a thank you for coming in. And not just sample size, people! Like real bottles! It was maybe the best thing ever.
Later in the afternoon, I went on a date with my friend Nate. It was so fun to actually go on a date (seriously though. Guys suck.) But it was also great to just catch up with an old friend!
That evening, I ran to the grocery store for Mom and ran into my good old pal, Jonny Peay! I took him to Sadies my junior year. I look up to that kid in so many ways. He's pretty awesome.
THEN, I went to my cousin's wedding reception. It was at the Springville Art Museum and it was ADORABLE. Seriously. Please bless that I get married someday and have a cute wedding.
After that, I went and saw Romeo and Juliet with my BFF Haley. Love her. Miss her. Go see that movie. It is ridiculously beautiful. I have read, performed, and seen the play many times and have always hated it. Until now. I feel like if Shakespeare were on the Earth today, that is exactly how he would have wanted to have his show performed. It was breath taking.
Saturday I chilled for most of the day. There are lots of sick little children at my house and so we all kind of took a personal day.
That night, I spent time with my good friend Rian, who leaves in a week and half for LA to serve a full time mission. I love Rian so much. She has been such a good friend to me and we are similar in so many ways. We have been through SO much together and I really am going to miss her. But I know that there are so many other people who need to benefit from her light and knowledge of the gospel as much as I have.
It was hard to leave today. I had to leave super early because I am singing at a Fireside tonight. But I'm sure the blessings will come.
It was such a great thing to come home and have people recognize how much happier I was. I forgot that I was in such a slump when I left and I forgot how much I truly love life up here.
Anyway. Life is good. God is good. Have a good week!


No comments:
Post a Comment