This blog post is dedicated to my BEST FRIEND in the WHOLE world, Aaron Nelson.
Isn't he handsome?
Aaron and I have known each other for the past three years, but really only became best friends this year. ((Which was a silly idea because I feel like we could have saved each other a whole lot of DRAMA)) Sophomore year, all the girls in choir had a HUGE crush on him. I mean, this guy was THE item. He wasn't from Lakeridge nor was he from Canyon View, so he was just this mysterious, attractive man that all the girls dreamed of marrying. If Aaron was gone one day and a girl was gone, everyone just assumed that the pair had eloped and all hope of marrying him was lost. I'll never forget the day when Amy Dymock got his number in History class. We were SO jealous! ((Being a sophomore is precious, isn't it?))
Little to Aaron's knowledge, I actually stalked him pretty hard core. My sister used to be in his ward and it was always this huge joke that Aaron was my secret boyfriend.
Junior year happened. I was wrapped up in trying to get a boyfriend and I sort of forgot all other humans. Including this Aaron Nelson kid. UNTIL the end of the year hit and Mr. Keyes was selecting Student Directors for the next year. I had already decided that I was not even going to apply for Student Director because it would have required me to miss Shakespeare Competition and I was not going to miss that for anything. Thus we see, Haley and Aaron were chosen. It came to pass that they wanted me to serve as A Cappella President and we flourished for the space of three months under those positions. We partied, became good friends, had lots of laughs, etc.
However, THE DAY OF our choir council retreat, I texted sweet, sweet Aaron to ask him why he was not at the school yet as we had to leave for Timp Caves very soon. Aaron informed me that he had changed his mind about being a Student Director and needed to talk to Mr. Keyes. ((That wasn't the exact conversation, but you get the skinny.)) I was ruffled. One because I was super ticked and two because I knew that Mr. Keyes would ask me to fill in. Which made me a little bit more angry. Long story short, I filled in as Student Director and the world came tumbling down. ((Next time someone gives me a position of authority....don't.))
Aaron was still in choir, however, and was the funniest person I have ever met. Every day I thought, "Man. Why in the world have I never talked to this kid??" As choir progressed and people got sassy, I got a little more insane than usual. One particular day I came out of leading a sectional and I was SO angry. I started to vent to Aaron and he said, "Oh my!! I know exactly how you feel! She is SO annoying!! We need to discuss this over ice cream...." And thus we see, a fond friendship was born.
As we got to know each other, it's ridiculous how many times we said, "Why have I not been friends with you until now??" Ice cream was a frequent occurrence ((1-2 times a week..)), venting sessions in the van, ice cream, and really just more ice cream. Chamber Tour happened...and we were each others only friends. YOLO? I took him to the Sadie Hawkins dance.
I mean look at us...
Then we saw Les Mis together...and cried. So that was cool.
We built snow men...
Went ice skating on a lake..
We went to grocery shopping...sort of..
Tried to make new friends..
Made grumpy cat shirts...
Went to Prom together....SO CLASSY
And were pretty much hot babes all the time.
Aaron and I are basically the same person...it's kind of ridiculous. Sometimes we fight ((or I just get mad at him)) and sometimes we are too angry at life to actually talk to each other. But, at the end of the day, we're always best friends again. We always call each other while we're driving ((a habit I really should break)) and frequently have contests for who can make the ugliest face. Aaron understands people. He knows when I'm mad at it him, and always makes amends. He knows that I don't do well at night, so if I start to blow up, he just tells me to shut up and go to bed. He hates all the same people I do AND he is the best shopping partner.
In just 6 weeks, Aaron and I will be splitting ways. I will be moving to Antarctica ((AKA Logan)) and Aaron will be moving to China ((AKA San Francisco)). I sometimes cry a lot when I think about it...but in the end, I know it will all be okay. Because ours is a friendship that will last forever.
We're just two friends. Two good friends. Two BEST friends.









What?? He's leaving?? What is this??? Life sucks.
ReplyDeleteAnd what was I on Chamber Tour, a sitting duck? I'm pretty sure I lost my mind during that trip, too.
I love this. Yes, I stalk your blog...
ReplyDelete