Sunday, December 18, 2011

Till We Meet Again...


This morning I woke up. And put a bow in my hair. I'm still working on it.
I went to choir practice. Sang my solo.
And then I went to see Grandma White for the last time. Ashlee, Keri, and I sang "Silent Night" to her. Her favorite song. It's so interesting how someone's last breath can be such a struggle. I wasn't there for her last breath, but it was close. She held on for a very long time. She was stubborn to the end. Vocal too.
Grandma taught me how to be sassy. She taught me that if you just close your eyes, eventually people will just get mad at you and ignore you in the end. She taught me to be strong. She taught me how to worry. She gave me a great love for "Laverne and Shirley". She always called and asked about my life, she helped me realize how important each and every person is. She taught me how to enjoy what you have.
I said my goodbye to her on Friday night, and gave her a quick kiss today and said "I'll meet you there."
No matter how many times I complained whenever I had to answer the phone when it was her ((the conversation was bound to last 2 hours)) or how many times she scolded me for wearing blue jeans, no matter how many times she told me that my hair was ugly and that even after I'd cut 6 inches off it wasn't enough, I still love her. And someday I want to be her. I love you Grandma. Give Grandpa a big hug and kiss for me. Tell him Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you got to go home for Christmas.
I'm grateful that I took this picture when I did. I'm thankful for the sweet promptings of the spirit that told me to take it on Thanksgiving. I like this picture too Grandma. I like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment