Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lately..


Today has been a very long, emotional day. This afternoon, the funeral of my dear grandmother was held. I love that lady. I'm going to miss her a lot. This day has been full of tears, but it has also been full of so much joy. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I will see her again. I know she is hard at work and so so happy. I'm so glad to be surrounded by so many family members. I've never felt this close to my family, especially my cousins. It's amazing what things bring people together.
This week has been so crazy. I've love seeing my mom with her siblings laughing and having a good time. My uncles CRACK ME UP. Seriously, I wish I had recorded their entire stay! I came down on Monday morning to see this:
Me: "Are you guys wearing the same shirt?"
Uncle Bob: "Don't even look at our pants."
Me:"...How embarrassing..."

Ken's on the left, Bob's on the right. These two are so funny. I've never stopped smiling since they've been here. And of course I had to take a picture of their matchy matchy outfits!

The whole family is gathering tonight for our annual "White Family Christmas Party". I think it's fitting that it should be held the same day as grandma's funeral. I'm excited to be with my family tonight. I sure do love them. :)

That's about it for now. As soon as Christmas is over, I'm hoping my blogging will be a little more exciting and not as...melancholy? Anyway, Merry Christmas!!
Oh...and enjoy this picture of me and my hot date at Senior Ball. Thanks Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment