
So...It's fall break. So even though today was Wednesday, it acted as a Friday. Well today was the last football game of the year. In order to celebrate this madness our school had a tailgate party followed by what we call the "Color Fest". Color fest is where they have a bunch of yellow blue chalk (Orem High Colors) and you throw it at each other. Up people's noses, down their throats, in their ears, etc. It doesn't really sound that fun. And it's not.
Carly and I weren't planning on going. But Adam Leavitt used his boyish charms...and made us feel guilty...and made us swear on our lives that we would go. So we did. STUPID.
We tired to leave. Multiple times. NOBODY WOULD LET US.
So we went and threw chalk at each other. I got chalk on my face, in my mouth, up my nose, in my lungs. Yeah. That was fun. Then Carly had to sing the national anthem for the game. Problem being, the bass didn't show up! So I go around finding a man that could sing bass with them! It was super awkward.
"Hey Braden! Can you sing the National Anthem...?"
"Yeah.....why?"
"Can you sing it for the game...like right now?"
"By myself?????"
"No! With people. They need a bass...can you sing it?"
"Uh...I...guess.."
We ran to the booth. The already found someone. Awkward. Thanks anyway Braden. THEN just as they were about to sing, the real bass showed up. Idiot.
They sang and it was great. Problem. Apparently I got chalk in my lungs....so now I sound like a chain smoker. It's fine. We went to the game, awkwardly stood there for a few moments and then said, "....let's go home now."

So we did. We came to my house and wiped chalk off our faces. And arms. I blew my nose. My boogers were blue.


After we got all cleaned up, we decided that we wanted ice cream. That happens a lot. So we went to Iceberg. Except they were super low staffed like always and we waited forever. And we started to play this game that we stole from Johnny Peay. It doesn't have a name, but you hit something and then point at whoever you are playing with. It started when Carly hit the table and pointed at me and then we kept thinking of something cooler than the other person to hit. So Carly went up and hit the cardboard cutout of Frankenstein. Then she thought it would be really funny to hit the soda machine. So she did....and practically broke it!!! The whole machine went "lsdkfja orijefli". Just like that. We laughed really hard.
Seriously it took them half an hour to give us a shake. A SHAKE!!! Problem being, we saw it sitting on the counter...melting! And it took them so long to get it to us. Rude.
Then...Carly had a voice lesson from Mr. Keyes. I went with her. She pulled into the driveway and the bottom of her car scraped the sidewalk. Being Carly she said....something really funny. ;)
Mr. Keyes baby was sitting in on her voice lesson too. Then he got fussy and Mr. Keyes said, "Hey Emily, want to hold a cute baby?"
I shouted, "YES!!" And I held the baby for a long time. He's cute. Then he got a little more fussy and Mr. Keyes took him for a bit and asked him if he needed to poop. Then he handed the baby back to me. AFTER HE ASKED HIM IF HE HAD TO POOP! 2 minutes later...the baby pooped. In my hand....thank heaven's for diapers. THEN Mr. Keyes took him to his wife.
Mr. Keyes gives us vocal baptisms.
After her lesson, we decided to write Adam hate notes for making us go to color fest. So we pulled over on the side of the road to write them. It was great. So of course we wanted to deliver them, but we knocked and his little brother Aaron answered the door very seductively and his lowest voice said, "Adam's not here." Pretty sure he raised his eyebrows too. OH man! Too funny. Well we debated leaving the notes with Aaron, but then found out that Adam was on his way home so we were going to just come back. Well after the door was shut, I realized that I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD!!!! Seriously I was wetting my pants. But, we'd already left the Leavitt's and couldn't awkwardly go back to use the bathroom, so we decided to go to the park!
Problem. The park bathrooms were closed. And then we got yelled at by 3 twelve year old girls who asked us for drugs. I slapped my bum at them. Finally we went back to Adam's house. Aaron answered the door again, and I blurted out, "I really need to use your bathroom!!!"
His response? "Adam's using it..."
NO!!! So I danced until Adam was done. Finally I felt relief. Then Adam read out note...s. And he laughed. Then his mom read our notes. She laughed. Then we sat on Adam's couch and we all laughed really hard for a long time.
Adam said, "I really need to climb a tree....Emily? Do you climb trees?"
"I've actually never really climbed one before...except for when I was little, but that one was on the ground....wait."
So we went to the park and played lava tag. I stink at that game. It's fine.
Then Carly took me home. We're really cool.
Basically it was a fantastic night. Strange and long and so funny. Good times :)
... Hmmm
ReplyDelete