Mr. Miller replied with, "Do you have a rat?"
Hunter said no. She did not have a rat. I guess it just wasn't on her to do list this morning. I got a little sad, but then I came to a great realization. I raised my hand. "Mr. Miller.....can Carly and I go get a rat to feed to your snake?"
He said yes. But he said we had to pay for it. Then we tried to get class donations. Turns out high school people are poor. Finally Mr. Miller just handed us a 20 dollar bill. That was pretty cool. So Carly Lewis, Katie Abbott, and I went to Petco and bought a rat.
It didn't really click in my mind that I would be feeding the snake a real live rat. Stupid, but my mind just doesn't work that way. I almost cried as I bought the rat. I'm pretty sure we practically killed the rat by simply taking it back to school. Do you know how hard it is to keep that thing steady??
Then we went back to the classroom. Mr. Miller dumped the little guy in and...the rest was history. Possibly the scariest, saddest, funnest thing of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment