Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Life is overflowing with great things.

My dearest friend, Sister Carly Lewis, challenged me last week to post about things that I was thankful for. This was a great experience for me as I was able to review my day at night and think about all the things that had happened to me during the day, and then express my thankfulness for them. But I thought I would re-share some of my thoughts in an effort to catch you up a little bit on the things I've been up to!

My cute roommates. I wondered if we were going to make it out okay at first, but they have proved to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I would give my life for these girls. I just love them too much. 

This is ice cream, but I'm also thankful for it because my roommate brought it to me after I said goodbye to my bestest friend who is pictured below. 

I am so thankful for Rachel Titensor. We've been friends since birth and she has taught me so much about life. I couldn't have mad it this far without her. 

I'm thankful for friends old and new! I've only known this girl for maybe 3 weeks, but I feel like I've known her my whole life. We may or may not sent pictures of cats to each other every morning. It's a thing. 

I'm thankful for laughter. For snapchat. And for my dearest Amy who I miss so much. 

And this. I'm thankful for this. 

I'm thankful for the feral cat that lives under my car? ((This one's a stretch))

I am thankful for God's beauty on this earth. I'm thankful for sun rises and sunsets. For crappy iphones that still manage to capture a portion of this beauty.

These CRAZY people that I get to work with on the Latter-Day Voices presidency. I'll be the first to admit that I never would have put the 4 of us together, but as we've been able to get to know each other and learn from each other, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

More of God's beauty. 

I am SO thankful for the temple. I never feel more at peace or at home than when I am here.

And the best of all the friends. I miss this girl oodles. I am so thankful that she chose to serve the Lord. Her talents and gifts have been so useful in turning others towards Christ. Her emails are the highlights of my week. She challenges me to love the Lord and keep going every day. I love ya, Sister Lewis!!

2 comments:

  1. Em, you are truly amazing!! I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to live with you this year and have you and Abi as my absolute best friends! I too would do anything for you no matter what. I can't thank you enough for your amazing example and for all the love that you've shown me! Love you tons Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tears streaming down my face* I'M GRATEFUL FOR YOU EMILY ERDMANN.

    ReplyDelete