I've been planning on writing a post for the past 4 weeks. But every week something drastic has changed, something that would change the whole mood or purpose of the post. So I come to this blank post now with NO idea what to write about to explain what has happened in the past 4 weeks. So I won't say anything about it at all. Except this: Once upon a time Emily's dating life was like a desert. And then all of the sudden it was like a flood and she had to learn how to build an ark REAL fast. And then the one person that she actually wanted to keep on the ark got nervous and jumped ship. That is all.
Moving on.
I've been in complete denial that winter is actually happening right now. It has snowed quite a bit up here in Logan the past few days,yet I keep expecting to wake up and the snow be completely gone and the weather to be all warm and balmy. I know that's not going to happen....but I'm still in denial about it.
I was discussing this with a good friend last night and I had a sort of realization.
This past season, I have been stretched and grown in so many wonderful ways. From spring to fall I have really changed. Or maybe not changed, but slipped into the skin of someone that I really love and want to be. Me. I'm finally comfortable. But, just like the seasons change, so does life. This season of my life has served its purpose. I've grown and stretched in all the ways I've needed to. Now it's time to move on. I have to completely let go of that old me and get to work with the new me. It's time for a new season where the sets of trials are different and hard. And let me tell you, that is HARD.
BUT.
If there is anything I've learned through all of the above things that I'm dealing with, it is that my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of me. Countless times these past few weeks I've received calls, texts, and little notes of sweet people telling me of their love for me. All of these have been tender mercies. All came at perfect moments when I really needed to feel loved. So thank you if you were a part of that.
On a completely, not so unrelated note, I have decided to stick with Elementary Education and a minor in Theater! For now.....;) #collegedegreeprobs
Uhm, hi. We are living the same life and I probably could have written this blog post. So, there's that. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're my fave. Miss you. Let's get gelato sometime.
ReplyDelete