Thursday, July 12, 2012

I hope she doesn't mind! :)

There is this most adorable girl named Emily..who is not me.
She was in my P.E. class with Haily Leavitt and I this last year and I just think she is the coolest EVER. So sometimes on summer days when I don't want to go to work, I stalk her blog. I'm just a little creepy. It's fine. BUT I found this lovely post and I wanted to post it. READ HERE
Modesty is something that I am very passionate about.
I went to Savers the other day looking for a pair of shorts. All I wanted was a pair that was shorter than all my other pairs. I didn't want them to be booty shorts (heaven knows I don't have the legs to pull those off) but I didn't want them to be knee length. I wanted to push my standards as far as I could. To "be modest" without really being modest. And I found the PERFECT pair! They fit perfectly, where the perfect short shorts for me! And then I looked in the mirror and a little voice said to me Seriously? You know better.
So I sent a picture to my mom.

Me: I need to know what you think about the shirt..and if the shorts are too short.
Mom: They're a little on the short side. If you need to ask, they're probably too short.

THAT was the line I needed to hear. IF YOU NEED TO ASK, IT'S PROBABLY TOO SHORT.
My mind was made. Why did I want to be immodest? Because it was so dang cute! But that's not a good excuse. Which is why I loved Emily's post because she found ways to still be modest and cute.
Don't fool yourself, don't make excuses. You have no idea how modesty influences other people, especially men.
So lets all be modest okay?

3 comments: