Today I walked into my 9:00 class, Human Development. This class, similar to a few others, is extremely large and full of girls who are studying Elementary Education, FACS, FCHD, Social Work, etc. Though I am an Elementary Education major myself, this isn't really my crowd. So I walked into class 4 minutes before it started. Most of the seats were full. Last class I had definitely sat in the wrong seat and I did not want to make that mistake again! I sat next to someone who didn't look as preppy or excited (the judgement is real). I introduced myself, she introduced herself, and I started to get my things out. I knew that I needed to get my iClicker out first because that is the teacher's way of taking roll. But then I had this panic attack because I thought I had forgot it, so my looking and gathering of items became more frantic.
I'm starting to get panicky and embarrassed and of course, that is when my neighbor decides to start talking to me. She asked me a question, but I, so surprised that anyone would talk to me, freaked out and dropped my phone at the same time I pulled my iClicker out of my backpack. "Oh, I just dropped my phone..uh..what did you ask? Um.." I begin to look for my phone, but before I can put my head down, I see that my name popped up on the screen. This was my one shot at checking in for attendance! "I uh..hang on..um..what?" I stumble with my iClicker. What the. How do I even work this thing? What is technology? Where am I?? I finally clock in. Check. "Sorry about that, let me get my phone and then I'll try to answer your question." I reach down to get my phone and BOOM. Hit my head on the chair of the person next to me. "WOW. My life," was my only response. Grab my phone. "Okay. What was your question again?"
Class progresses.
Someone comes and sits next to me. The professor begins class and tells us to meet someone new. I already knew the girl on the left, so I introduce myself to the girl on the right. I recognize her name. "Oh! I think I sat on you...I mean, oh heavens, I didn't sit ON you, I sat next to you last time.." No response. "Yeah..okay..cool."
Hooray for the awkwardness of my life today and every day.
Start going to engineering classes. No pep there, lots of awkwardness, and all boys. How can you go wrong?
ReplyDeleteBless your sweet little darling heart! Haha I love you:) Thank you for continuing to make me smile even though we are apart.
ReplyDelete