Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog?

I obviously haven't blogged for awhile. Through a series of events...I really started to question my motives for blogging. Why do I even blog? I originally started a blog to help my family keep up with my life. I'm the youngest of 8, and sometimes having to call everyone to tell them how my first day of school went can be a little draining. Here I could type it once and life would be good. 
It was only last year that I really started to love blogging. I blogged consistently and it was so much fun. But somewhere along the line, I became painstakingly aware of my readers and suddenly wanted to cater to them. If I wanted to impress you, I'd do it on my blog. If I wanted to make you feel bad, I'd probably try to fit it in the blog post somewhere. 
The thing is, these emotions that I wanted to get out by writing them down, were too private for a blog and so not only were my posts confusing and lame, but I just sounded like a moody, bratty, teenage girl. (But let's be honest...I kind of am one.)
And that, my dearest friends, is why I have a journal. That is just for me and my feelings. 
BUT this blog is just for me too. If you have a problem with what you read here, then stop reading. I am not here to please a crowd of viewers.
I'm a little conflicted. Not sure if I should make my blog private or not, and wondering what I am to post about. 

Anyway...it may take awhile for me to feel comfortable with this keyboard again, but for now, I pose this question to YOU.
 Why do YOU blog?
Please comment below and let me know. I'm a curious cat. So please, indulge me. 

2 comments:

  1. I started blogging for the same reasons you did, and that motivation increased ten-fold after I moved because, obviously, there was a lot more that my family and friends were missing once I was 2000 miles away.
    Since then I have found that my blog was good for a few other purposes as well, the coolest one being opportunities to share the gospel. I never would have thought my silly little blog would be able to do that. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I blog you ask? Well it is quite a few reasons:
    --Like you, for my family to know about my life because we are quite spread across the united states.
    --Also, I have a hard time((not that I don't do it occasionally but it's just hard sometimes)) keeping a written journal. So, blogging is like your very own journal.
    --Not that very many people do, but I enjoy the fact that there are people out there reading what I have to say. And I don't know.. it's weird, but I like knowing that. It's weird. But true.
    Just a couple reasons why... :)

    ReplyDelete