Monday, August 27, 2012

Dear World.
I strongly dislike school photos. Especially senior photos that you have to put in the yearbook. Here's the deal. Most days, when I smile, I just reallllly look Asian. And as much as I'd love to be Asian...I just don't have the hair or skin tone to match it.
I also have grown up in the world of digital photography. So when you take a picture of me, I will request to see it and make you take a new one if I don't like it. So mostly when I saw my senior pictures, the ones where I'm just sitting formally...I cried. Because I hate pictures of me. Especially these ones. Because I'm vain. And I hate when I look ugly. Or feel like I look ugly. It makes me want to...not say nice words. And punch things.
So basically....I just want someone to take a picture of me where I look pretty...and feel pretty...and can rock my Asian-ness instead of just looking like...poop.

Dear World.
On the plus side, I found out today that I will be competing at this year's Shakespeare competiton. I will be performing a monologue from The Merchant of Venice, Act 2 scene ii, portraying the role of Lancelot Gobo. So stoked, so intimidated, so excited, so nervous. Don't look up any videos of the monologue...because they all suck. Just watch me when I rock it. Deal? Deal.
K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment