What do you really want to say?
What do you really want to say?
What do you really want to say?
Antonio Sacre came and visited our school today. He just talked to about 100 members of our student body about his life. I love when people don't tell us how to live our own lives, but let us know how they lived theirs. Everything that I heard him say today just made me that much more excited about my decision to become a teacher.
Reason number 1 why I want to teach? I love people. I love hearing their stories. I love hearing about life; about living. Everyone has a story. And I want to hear it.
He talked about teaching poetry (something he'd never done, wasn't really qualified to do, but did it because he needed money). Kids would read their poems to him and he'd say, "Okay...what do you really want to say?" They would repeat the poem again. He'd say, "Now..what do you really want to say." Then they'd tell him and he would echo the words one more time, "What do you REALLY want to say?" and they'd tell him. I just love that. What do you really want to say?
Folks it was great. I loved it. I also love that it is finally the weekend and I get to go party with my Young Women tonight. I love those girls to death. Be excited for a post about that. :)
Love you all. May your days be Merry and Bright.
P.S. I found winter. It decided to come 3 months late. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment