Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 50th!

This is my official fiftieth blog post. I feel pretty cool. So I apologize for my lack of pictures lately...the thing is, I was looking through my pictures on facebook and I realized that the most recent pictures are from Shakespeare Festival in October. I guess I'm just not cute anymore. Because obviously that's the most logical option.
Well...today I took the ACT. I seriously stressed out SO much over it. It was bad. But thankfully I had my  Papito (Daddy) give me a wonderful Father's Blessing and had lots of people praying for me and said lots of prayers. I felt okay about it. I felt like I had learned everything on the test, it was just a matter of being able to recall said information and answer the question in the amount of time given to me. I really hope I did well. I'm aiming to go to BYU and I think I'm pretty well qualified except for my ACT score. But I haven't gotten it back yet and if it's bad I can always take it again.
After taking that 4 hour test, I headed to my sister's house to share lunch with her and her two adorable children. My niece calls me Em-olly and it is definitely the cutest thing of my life. We talked for a long time about my high school experience and that was really good. It was nice to hear that I'm not the only one who goes through a bunch of poop in life.
After lunch I headed back to school so that I could work on the skirt I am making in sewing. It's going to turn out really cute. It's been hard to work on though because I don't have a pattern and I have to keep asking Mama G for help. It will come together in due time. Then I headed to rehearsal. I did 2 numbers and then stayed there for 5 million hours and never got used. Sigh. I hate when that happens.

The real reason why I'm posting is what happened after rehearsal. So...my friend, Adam, is having a birthday on Thursday. And I thought, you know, birthday's are really awesome and I hate when people don't make a big deal out of my birthday. (Yeah. I'm a brat.  Get over it.) And I got my friend Andy something for his birthday (a pancake breakfast...maybe not that great) and so I concluded that I should get him a gift. But...I couldn't think of anything. And then I remembered that this one time during Secret Garden a particular group of girls were complaining about his breath smelling bad. Well they were kind of talking about it in front of him but they wouldn't tell him what they were saying. I, seeing no need to keep things secret (and using every ounce of awkwardness in me) said, "Hey Adam, they think your breath reeks. You should work on that." We proceeded to have a conversation about the unfortunate occurrence of smelling breath and I asked him if he had ever used a tongue scraper (I swear by mine) and he said no. So I told him that I would get him one for his birthday.

I may or may  not have purchased a tongue scraper today.

Am I just so awkward?? This could either be really legit or really...not. I think I might just chicken out by the time Thursday rolls around. I think it's pretty hilarious of my to give that present and thoughtful too. But that might just be crossing the line of...I'm a creeper and think your breath stinks. I've never even smelled his breath to be quite honest! I just love that this is what is giving me the most grief in my life right now. Should I should I not give my friend a tongue scraper? And though I doubt Adam will read this, in case he does, just act surprised and completely content with it okay??? K thanks.

WELL. Tomorrow mi madre comes home :) YAY!! I miss her.
Also...that's all. Remember who you are. I'll try to be more photogenic.
K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment