Monday, February 18, 2013

These Days.

So here's the deal. Maybe I haven't updated in 700 years. Cool. I wish I could say I've been super busy..but I really haven't! I've been super relaxed these days. Not being in a show has made me realize that I do actually have the ability to have a life and it's kind of amazing. I'm currently in West Side Story as Rosalia, but rehearsals for that have been sparse and super chill.
I really don't like to blog unless I truly have something to say. What I'm really trying to say is, I'm not going to blog just so my 12 followers can gobble something up about my life. :) And I don't even have that much to say tonight other than life is so good. I am so content with my current situation, I am living relatively drama free and even if there is drama, I don't feel attached to it and I feel okay separating myself from it.
I don't want to sound like I'm better than any of you, but for those of you who are struggling with that stuff, know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the second you stop caring about yourself. It all works out really nicely.
Really though, I've been trying really hard to focus outward instead of inward and that has made all the difference. I found that even when I was doing something with and outward intention, I still was only focusing on myself and how I would feel when I did it. It's the other people that matter. Not you.
Anyway. Enough of my rambling. Here's some pictures to tell you about the past couple of weeks.

I'm doing this on my phone so I'll explain them here. First is Solo and Ensemble...sort of. It happened and both my solo and ensemble made it to region. Woot.
Next...I found that sweet bubble of water in the bathroom and saved the whole house from water damage. Sort of.
That sweet picture of Asians is next. A bunch of students from China came to our school and the Chamber Choir got to sing with them. We sang this super inspiring number called "We're Not That Different After All". And by inspiring I mean cheesey and a little embarrassing. But it was sweet and fun. We were each assigned a Chinese student and at the end we all got little gifts from them. Mine of course was a set of note cards with their communist leader on them. Best gift ever.
The next few show Valentine's Day. That was a fantastic day which included going to a Valentine's party at the elementary school I intern at {complete with Valentines and a Valentine box}. It also included getting gross waffles at the waffle truck with Aaron and a nice dinner with Mom and Dad.
Then last is today. Since we had the day off, Aaron and I decided to go try out our luck skating on the ice by the waterfall. It was pretty dang fun, I have to admit. We also stopped at the Lehi outlets and a quick trip to the Dino museum. It was quite the day! But so much fun.
And for those of you who are wondering, no we are not dating, but rather just best friends. And for those of you who don't think that is possible, just spend an hour around us and you'll get it. We're both at a place where really a best friend is all we need. It's fun times I tell you!

Thanks for reading a ramble! Happy President's Day!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment